This is a dream role with Swift Social to develop a career with a dynamic and vibrant company based across the UK in a remote working team.
Successfully crowdfunded, we are seeking a back-end software engineer that can help develop the easiest and most accessible social media management tool in the world.
Your work will help empower millions of people worldwide with a truly revolutionary product.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with talented engineers, product managers and visual designers to build on the next generation social media tool used by people in over 70 countries. You’ll leverage your skills and passion to build web applications that maximise the latest web technologies, pushing the boundaries of innovation.
• Work with stakeholders to build core functions of the platform
• Ensure application UX meets functional requirements
• To monitor and maintain server infrastructure for a growing and scalable platform
• Partner with peers in software engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services
• Follow industry trends with regard to back-end technologies and techniques
• 5+ years experience in developing and debugging in PHP
• 5+ years experience building, shipping and iterating world-class, consumer web application platforms that have reached a large amount of users
• 3+ years experience implementing APIs (preferably social)
• 2+ years experience implementing SaaS payment systems (Stripe preferable)
• A genuine passion for debugging, code optimisation and technology
• Experience in server management (preferable) – AWS, Google or other
• Excellent organisational skills and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
• Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
• We are a team of hard-working and committed individuals in a tight-knit family atmosphere
• With global distributors, we have a base of customers of over 1 million users, ready to use our exciting new platform that you will have the opportunity to shape and mould
• Work anywhere in the world or from the comfort of your own home. However and whenever you work best. They have co-working spaces throughout the UK whenever they need to some real face time.
• Backed by a seed investment firm in a market that is growing to over $9bn estimated spend on social media management applications by 2019
• Be more than just an employee and join the journey with equity stock options available as part of a competitive pay package